Meet the Physicians
2019 Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation “Leaders for a Cure” award
Director of Interventional Oncology and Immunotherapy, Williams Cancer Institute
First in procedures:
- Breast ablation 2003
- Combination ablation intratumoral IL2, Interferon 2005
- First in human, intratumoral 3-Bromopyruvate 2005
- First in human, combination intratumoral Yervoy/Opdivo with tumor ablation 2014
- First in human, intratumoral combination Yervoy/Opdivo/CpG/PV-10 2015
- First in human, intra-arterial infusion into liver tumors, a combination Yervoy/Opdivo 2015
- First in human, intratumoral OX40/CpG agonist 2018
Dr. Williams is considered a top cancer specialist. He’s a pioneer in ablation and immunotherapy.
Dr. Williams conducted the first ablation procedure that injected immunotherapy agents into a tumor. Since then he has conducted thousands of ablation procedures, has consistently advanced the combining of ablation with immunotherapy, and actively researches the use of immunotherapy with ablation to treat a majority of cancers.
- Medical School: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Internship: Internal Medicine, University South Alabama
- Residency: Radiology, University of South Alabama
- Certifications and Additional Training: Board Certified by American Board of Radiology, Interventional Oncology, Interventional Spine, Nuclear Medicine, MQSA (Breast Imaging), ACLS, PALS
- Adjunct Professor: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
- Radiological Society of North America Resident/Fellow of the year award 2002
- 2007 Telly award
- Combined use of image guided ablation with immune checkpoint inhibitors, Ipilimumab and Nivolumab (anti CTLA-4 and PD-1).
- Intra-tumoral Toll-like receptor agonist (TLR) imiquimod and CpG combined with Cryoablation and immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Intra-tumoral PV-10 combined with cryoablation and AblationVax.
- Implantable IDO inhibitor pellet (Indoximod) combined with Cryoablation and immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Intra-arterial 3-bromopyruvate combined with intra-arterial immune checkpoint inhibitors Ipilimumab and Nivolumab.
- Intra-arterial hepatic infusion of immunotherapy, Nivolumab and Ipilimumab.
- Cryoablation of cancer combined with intra-tumoral injection of Montanide.
Dr. Rosenberg is an innovator in unique cancer therapies. He pioneered cancer treatment using “acid reflux inhibition.”
Dr. Rosenberg’s extensive research includes the development of nanoparticle delivery for cancer treatment, personalized, targeted cancer therapies, and unique treatment combining “metronomic” chemotherapy to enhance your body’s immune response.
- Graduate School: Master of Science in Physiology Georgetown University Graduate School Washington, DC
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine Washington, DC
- Internship: Transitional Internship Fitzsimons Army Medical Center Aurora, CO
- Residency: Emergency Medicine Residency Brooke Army Medical Center Dept. of Emergency Medicine San Antonio, TX
- Certifications/Additional Training: Board Certified American Board of Emergency Medicine, Fellow of American College of Emergency, Board Certified by American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine, ALS, PALS
Are You a Candidate?
To determine if you are a candidate for one of our cancer treatment procedures, please contact 251-943-9409. We will need to see copies of the most recent medical records and imaging studies. We provide a review of these records at no cost; however, please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.