Meet the Physicians
2019 Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation “Leaders for a Cure” awardee
Director of Interventional Oncology and Immunotherapy, Williams Cancer Institute
First in procedures:
- Breast ablation 2003
- Combination ablation intratumoral IL2, Interferon 2005
- First in human, intratumoral 3-Bromopyruvate 2005
- First in human, combination intratumoral Yervoy/Opdivo with tumor ablation 2014
- First in human, intratumoral combination Yervoy/Opdivo/CpG/PV-10 2015
- First in human, intra-arterial infusion into liver tumors, a combination Yervoy/Opdivo 2015
- First in human, intratumoral OX40/CpG agonist 2018
Jason R. Williams is a medical doctor, board-certified radiologist, image-guided cancer specialist, researcher, and professor. He is one of the pioneers of immunotherapy, specializing in intra-tumoral interventions. He performed the world’s first ablation procedure and implemented an intra-tumoral injection of a specific combination of immunotherapy agents, thus leveraging the actual process of ablation as an immunotherapy agent itself. Since then, he has performed thousands of procedures —many of them “first in human”— in multiple areas of ablation and cryoablation therapies.
Dr. Williams is the Director of Interventional Oncology and Immunotherapy at the Williams Cancer Institute, where he has been advancing the use of intra-tumoral immunotherapy. He is also an adjunct professor at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, where he is helping to further cutting-edge research. In addition, he is actively involved in private research combining numerous different immunotherapy agents for image-guided intra-tumoral injection covering almost all cancer types. He lives part-time in Atlanta, Georgia and Mexico City, Mexico. To learn more about Dr. Williams and his clinic, visit www.WilliamsCancerInstitute.com.
Committed to further advance research in intra-tumoral immunotherapy and help those who are struggling financially to cover medical care, Dr. Williams is donating all proceeds from the book “The Immunotherapy Revolution” to the Williams Cancer Foundation. For more information on this non-profit organization, please visit www.WilliamsCancerFoundation.org.
- Medical School: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Internship: Internal Medicine, University South Alabama
- Residency: Radiology, University of South Alabama
- Certifications and Additional Training: Board Certified by American Board of Radiology, Interventional Oncology, Interventional Spine, Nuclear Medicine, MQSA (Breast Imaging), ACLS, PALS
- Adjunct Professor: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
- Radiological Society of North America Resident/Fellow of the year award 2002
- 2007 Telly award
- Combined use of image guided ablation with immune checkpoint inhibitors, Ipilimumab and Nivolumab (anti CTLA-4 and PD-1).
- Intra-tumoral Toll-like receptor agonist (TLR) imiquimod and CpG combined with Cryoablation and immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Intra-tumoral PV-10 combined with cryoablation and AblationVax.
- Implantable IDO inhibitor pellet (Indoximod) combined with Cryoablation and immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Intra-arterial 3-bromopyruvate combined with intra-arterial immune checkpoint inhibitors Ipilimumab and Nivolumab.
- Intra-arterial hepatic infusion of immunotherapy, Nivolumab and Ipilimumab.
- Cryoablation of cancer combined with intra-tumoral injection of Montanide.
Dr. Rosenberg is an innovator in unique cancer therapies. He pioneered cancer treatment using “acid reflux inhibition.”
Dr. Rosenberg’s extensive research includes the development of nanoparticle delivery for cancer treatment, personalized, targeted cancer therapies, and unique treatment combining “metronomic” chemotherapy to enhance your body’s immune response.
- Graduate School: Master of Science in Physiology Georgetown University Graduate School Washington, DC
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine Washington, DC
- Internship: Transitional Internship Fitzsimons Army Medical Center Aurora, CO
- Residency: Emergency Medicine Residency Brooke Army Medical Center Dept. of Emergency Medicine San Antonio, TX
- Certifications/Additional Training: Board Certified American Board of Emergency Medicine, Fellow of American College of Emergency, Board Certified by American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine, ALS, PALS
Are You a Candidate?
To determine if you are a candidate for one of our cancer treatment procedures, please contact 251-943-9409. We will need to see copies of the most recent medical records and imaging studies. We provide a review of these records at no cost; however, please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.